Frequently Asked Questions about Medicare
Click on Get a Quote above and receive:
1. Medicare quotes for every Medicare insurance plan in your zip code
2. Medicare Advantage and Supplement plan outlines
3. Your net prescription drug costs
4. Plus search for all plans your physicians accept
Self-enroll or text 1-707-478-0210 for fast help
For your convenience, we’ve assembled the following frequently asked questions about Medicare along with relevant answers. We hope that they’ll be useful to you and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to suggest more Medicare-related topics.
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal social insurance program.
Do I need to be below the poverty line to qualify?
No, you don’t need to have a lower income level.
What do the different parts of Medicare do?
Medicare Part A is for hospital insurance. Medicare Part B is for medical insurance. Medicare Part C is Medicare Advantage. Medicare Part D is for prescription drug coverage and vaccine coverage.
When Am I Eligible for Medicare?
You’re eligible for Medicare coverage at 65 years of age if you’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you’ve lived in the U.S. continuously for at least five years.
If you’re under 65, you can be eligible for Medicare coverage if you’re:
- Permanently disabled and have been receiving Social Security disability income benefits for 24 months
- Sick with end-stage renal disease
- Sick with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Read more about Medicare eligibility.
Need More Info.?
Do you have any questions about Medicare that you’d like us to answer? Contact us to let us know.